Regenerative Business & Leadership Retreat
April 26 - April 27
“We cannot resolve the problems of today with the same kind of consciousness that created them.”
– Albert Einstein –
Two days. One hour outside of Brussels.
A new perspective on sustainability.
Beyond treatment of symptoms.
Beyond the illussion of powerlessness.
Back to the essence.
A deep dive into Regeneration and what it can mean for business and society.
For Leaders of the Future.
Places are limited.
Building on the premise “that the most powerful change occurs when one transcends the paradigm one operates in” (Donella Meadows) and on the frameworks of our mentors from Regenesis Institute for Regenerative Practice, we will dive deep into the ESSENCE of what we need to change to transform our predominant degenerative systems into regenerative ones.
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES
- 🐋 understanding living systems and why this matters for business & organisations
- understanding regenerative value creation and associated pitfalls & barriers
- frameworks to regenerate your thinking, your strategy and your operations
- tools to develop new capability in yourself, your team & your organisation
- methods to develop regenerative leadership skills
- examples & learnings from pioneers
- and of course learning from each other & a lot of time in 🌳 🦅 🌼
The retreat is in English.Register here
“This two day course will give you inspiration and hope, new perspectives and helpful frameworks.”
– Janneke Leenaars — INTERFACE Sustainability Manager Northern Europe
“The course on regenerative leadership and innovation helps you to pause, reflect and expand your horizon on systemic thinking and how this may apply to your own business context. A very valuable and enriching experience with a side benefit of a great group of participants that stimulate the discussion and inspiration.” –
– Stendert Krommendam — ECOTONE Chief People and Sustainability Officer
“In May I followed the Regenerative Business & Leadership Retreat in Austria. For me it was in many ways life changing. This retreat opened a new door in my mind and in my vision. Where sustainable business seemed the ultimate goal, the principles of regenerative leadership are a giant leap in visionary thinking. Even today, months later, these principles are present in my life, in my strategic work and in my heart. So don’t hesitate to discover this new dimension to a better future. And a new way to contribute to it.”-
Joke Claessen —Impact Marketing Strategist
Business Executives, Managers, Entrepreneurs, Creatives, Designers, Consultants, and Sustainability Professionals from all organisations, disciplines and sectors.
Friday 26 April 2024
09.30-10.00 WELCOME & INTRODUCTION
10.00-13.00 BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY: TOWARD REGENERATIVE ECONOMICS
14.00-15.00 REGENERATIVE VALUE CREATION AND ASSOCIATED PITTFALLS & BARRIERS
15.00-16.00 NATURE WALK
16.00-17.30 LIVING SYSTEMS UNDERSTANDING AND WHY THIS MATTERS FOR ORGANISATIONS
17.30-18.30 LEVELS OF PARADIGM FRAMEWORK
20.30-22.00 CAMPFIRE COUNCIL
Saturday 27 April 2024
Morning meditation (optional)
09.00-10.00 NATURE WALK
10.00-11.00 DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONVENTIONAL AND REGENERATIVE BUSINESS STRATEGY
11.00-13.00 FRAMEWORKS & TOOLS TO REGENERATE OUR THINKING, STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS
14.00-15.00 METHODS TO DEVELOP REGENERATIVE ORGANISATIONAL & LEADERSHIP SKILLS
15.00-16.00 DESIGNING REGENERATIVE ACTIVITY AND ORGANISATIONS
16.00-17.00 REFLECTIONS & CLOSING
* programme changes possible in terms of weather
tea breaks included in morning and afternoon sessions
WHAT YOU GAIN
- ESSENCE THINKING as a tool for genuine innovation
- REGENERATIVE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT foundational principles
- Robust FRAMEWORKS to elevate strategy, corporate sustainability and agility
- Living SYSTEMS UNDERSTANDING to more effectively deal with complexity & change in a fast changing world
- Deeper AWARENESS of what holds us back from genuine transformation and how to overcome this gridlock
- Methods and TOOLS to elevate the quality of thinking, being & acting in the world
Heerlijckyt Van Elsmeren*
Heritage castle and domain, located one hour from Brussels.
During the day the venue is accessible with public transport. Closest train station is Diest, a 15 minute taxi ride from the venue.
*We will send out detailed travel instructions in January 2024, please wait with purchasing travel tickets until then.
**Arrival time can be shared in advance to share a taxi.
- Early bird price: €1250 without VAT
- Early bird rate ends by 06.12.2023
- Registration after December 6th: €1400 without VAT
- Registration will close on 31.12.2023
- We can offer some scholarships at reduced price for participants whose financial situation currently prevents them from attending.
- You will receive payment instructions after registering on this website.
- After payment, your spot is reserved.
- Payment indicates that you agree with the general conditions. Tickets will not be refunded if you cancel.
- * Price includes one night in your own room with private bathroom and covers all healthy & delicious food and non-alcoholic drinks during the two days. Travel is not included.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Leen Gorissen, Ph.D. in Biology, is specialized in ecology, sustainability, transition science, regenerative development and bio-inspired innovation. She is the author of the recent book ‘Building the Future of Innovation on millions of years of Natural Intelligence’ and the founder of Centre4NI, a catalyst that helps organizations and businesses to innovate like nature. She is a scholar of the Regenesis Institute for Regenerative Practice exploring how business can promote regeneration and a frequently asked evaluator of innovation projects by the European Commission. She has organised workshops on NI across the world. Previously, Leen worked as a Transition Research Coordinator at the Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO Belgium). You can watch her TEDx on how life works here.